Electron Like Movement?

Started by
2 comments, last by Rockoon1 17 years, 7 months ago
Hi everyone, here's my new brain twister... ;) I'm trying to achieve an elevtron like movement (i mean an electron orbiting a proton) - you know the shape i'm talking about, like the one shown here: Now obviously I can create 3 ellipses and move each particle in it's own ellipse - but is there a way to create a smooth motion the moves along the entire path (going through all 3 ellipses)? I'm trying to use several methods, some more successful than others but still no winner :) can someone think of an elegant way of doing this? of course it's not such a big deal, it's just that I like doing things the hard way some times just for the sake of learning... Ehud.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ehudros
Now obviously I can create 3 ellipses and move each particle in it's own ellipse - but is there a way to create a smooth motion the moves along the entire path (going through all 3 ellipses)?

given that the three elipses together dont form a smooth shape themselves, i have a suspicion the answer to that is going to be 'no'.
Heh, is that Logic in the background? :)
If it has to move along the entire path with small localized increments, then I strongly suspect 'no'

If on the other hand you mean that the positional increment is allowed to be 'large' as long as the increment has a low variance/deviation, then I suspect that its solvable with some restrictions. Each 'electron' (in the viewers perspective, he sees more than one) might be required to have the same phase, for example.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement