a simple question

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 7 months ago
hello, I am a newbie. The OpenGL always not used in 2D programming, I think there is no need. Is that right? Many thanks.
Advertisement
You can use OpenGL to render a game in 2D. If you're looking to make a 2D game, and don't want the user to have "Required Files" per-say, try using a very old version of DirectDraw that will still suit your needs (DX6, DX5). It's nearly gauranteed that all windows based computers will have it. (If not, just program it in DX7, and include the DX7 Runtime files with your install.)

Here's an article on 2D Using OpenGL:

2d Using OPENGL
"I'd rather know one thing, no matter how ordinary, than discourse endlessly on great issues." -- Galileo
Quote:Original post by F1N1TY
You can use OpenGL to render a game in 2D. If you're looking to make a 2D game, and don't want the user to have "Required Files" per-say, try using a very old version of DirectDraw that will still suit your needs (DX6, DX5). It's nearly gauranteed that all windows based computers will have it. (If not, just program it in DX7, and include the DX7 Runtime files with your install.)

Here's an article on 2D Using OpenGL:

2d Using OPENGL

there are no required files for opengl either (except graphics card drivers, but you can pretty much expect your user to have those)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement