Sign in to follow this  

tileSIZE in rts...

This topic is 4103 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi im doing some 2d-isometric rts and have come to hte conlusion they use up lots of tiles... in 1024x768 screen-res and i have 28x14 tiles, this gives me aprox 1800tiles on screen! And in the examples ive seen the tilesile of 20x10 is suggested, that would give me even more tiles... In a rather old game like age of empires 1, how is this handled? When it comes to pathfinding, this becomes really heavy (and in aoe1 the tiles are reealy small) Is the sollution to have two tile-sets that pathfind use for different situations? One for fine adjustment and one for long travels? But this seems very complicated, i just got my normal astar to run... Any tips? thanks erik

well ive never made an isometrix rts but im guessing it might be a good idea to have the tiles that arent on the screen nonexistent.then when your ready to move to the part of the map that the tiles are on the game puts the tiles theres and takes away the tiles where you just were.im not sure how you would do this because,well ive never made an iso rts

This topic is 4103 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.