Sign in to follow this  

I need Help!

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok now i've asked for help at other places but ive looked around here and people are helping people everywhere, so i thought id give it another shot... I have a dream to make a 2D MMORPG and i know thats not where most people start in game making but i love them. I've asked many people to teach me to make one, and no1 has gave me the time of there day... if somone around here can take me through step by step etc. i will even pay them maybe. I am good at sprites (2D) and I have great ideas, but i dont know the programming part. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! post replies and if ur interested we can talk in msn.

I'm pretty new too - I have a topic a few posts below this. But I think your problem is starting too big. If you really want to do the project, you need to go through basic programs and tutorials first - learn a coding language, and then make a few small games. Starting an MMORPG takes a lot of time and effort, plus a substantial investment into buying a website and things like that. But if it's really your dream, then you should take the time to start small and do it right.

Again, I'm pretty new too, so if I'm wrong and somebody posts about some quick way to do this, feel free to disregard.

i know this but i dont know how to learn a language and all that i mean ive seen tutuorials but itss all like to make tic-tac-toe and i did that and its a breeze. it has nothing to do with what im wanting tho.

Quote:
Original post by Viceric
nope...

Then do that! It's going to get you a lot further than getting someone to "walk you through" making any kind of MMORPG would, even if you could find a willing tutor. That kind of work, that you proposed, would be more akin to data entry than programming. Your best options are to either learn to program yourself (probably your best bet, especially if making Tic-Tac-Toe was a breeze), or join with a team working on a similar project.

Actually, if you do decide to take up programming, I would recommend you just make a program that, say, sends letters over a network, rather than Tic-Tac-Toe. Networking's a big concept.

If you want to program it by yourself, then you first need to learn a language. Start out with some small programs, like tic-tac-toe and tetris. Then, try to make a simple 2D engine (not an MMO). Once you can manage that, you will want to learn networking. I would suggest making a simple chat program, then maybe internet tic-tac-toe, or whatever, then you can start making your MMORPG.

It will take a long time to get to that point though. I have the same dream of making an MMORPG, but I have been programming for 3 years now, and I haven't even gotten into networking yet (of course, I'm moving kinda slow, since I don't have a lot of time right now).

This topic is 4105 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.