• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
drsadmin

[web] Dedicated Internet OC-384...

This topic is 4352 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Where can I get an OC-384 line? I desperatly will need one in a month. Which company is the best to go with? I know it will cost a lot, but how much? Thanks.

Advertisement
You'll find it very hard to lease an OC-384 line, as the number of custumers for them can be counted on your fingers (mostly universities). Basically no one "offers" OC-384 lines for use, if you want one you almost literally lay your own cable. On the other hand OC-192 lines are available on the commercial market, and are often combined (2 or more) by very large ISPs to achieve the speed of an OC-384 line.

If you have half a million dollars per month to burn, plus another $20,000-30,000 dollars for setup, you could have your own single OC-192 line (note that prices can fall to under $200,000/month if you are located in the right place, though at the same time you could easily pay over $1,000,000/month if you are located in the wrong place).

Could I ask what you think you need an OC-384 line for? If you are asking here for what the "best" company to go with for such a line, it suggests you don't understand what you want (there isn't exactly a lot of competition, this isn't the typical web hosting market we're talking about). You aren't just looking for a "fast" connection for your MMORPG are you?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!