• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] Dedicated Internet OC-384...

This topic is 4175 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Where can I get an OC-384 line? I desperatly will need one in a month. Which company is the best to go with? I know it will cost a lot, but how much? Thanks.

Advertisement
You'll find it very hard to lease an OC-384 line, as the number of custumers for them can be counted on your fingers (mostly universities). Basically no one "offers" OC-384 lines for use, if you want one you almost literally lay your own cable. On the other hand OC-192 lines are available on the commercial market, and are often combined (2 or more) by very large ISPs to achieve the speed of an OC-384 line.

If you have half a million dollars per month to burn, plus another $20,000-30,000 dollars for setup, you could have your own single OC-192 line (note that prices can fall to under $200,000/month if you are located in the right place, though at the same time you could easily pay over $1,000,000/month if you are located in the wrong place).

Could I ask what you think you need an OC-384 line for? If you are asking here for what the "best" company to go with for such a line, it suggests you don't understand what you want (there isn't exactly a lot of competition, this isn't the typical web hosting market we're talking about). You aren't just looking for a "fast" connection for your MMORPG are you?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement