• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dookie

Simple DialogBox question (getting a picture on it)

This topic is 4353 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! [rant] OMFG, Internet Explorer on Windows XP absolutely sucks. A week ago, I took my system from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. Didn't want to but didn't have a choice, just another victim of scheduled obsolescence. So far I am NOT impressed... I installed WinXP Pro from the ground up (no 'upgrade'; installed onto a blank harddrive), WinXP found all of my computer's devices (it's an old Intel P4-1.8GHz system), and now I'm getting glitchy Windows painting errors (visual nitpicks) and Internet Explorer shuts down as I surf certain sites (sites like anandtech.com and gamedev.net). Don't know why IE shuts down as I surf, because no errors appear. It just shuts down as if I clicked the little red 'X' in the upper left corner. And the problems have been around from the moment I got done installing WinXP Pro (with included SP2). So I said "Screw it!" and downloaded Mozilla Firefox. And you know what? I haven't had anymore browsing problems. Sheesh, I want my Windows 2000! [/rant] But I digress. [wink] Here's my question... I'm using Visual Studio 7.xx with Visual C++ .NET installed. I've created a 'IDD_PROPPAGE_MEDIUM' dialogbox, and I used the 'Picture Control' to draw some boxes where I want to display some images. However, I'm not sure how to actually get an image into that picture control box... I'm sure it's simple, but I've never done it before and I can't find any info on how to do it. Can anybody help me out on this one? Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry about the rant. Internet Explorer shut down AGAIN just before I could push the 'Submit' button, and that was pretty much my breaking point. [smile]

Advertisement
Nevermind, I found most of what I wanted to know here:

http://www.functionx.com/visualc/applications/displaybitmap.htm

Pretty cool!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!