• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SWAlex

Ice Tower 3D Demo

This topic is 4428 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ice Tower Ice Tower is a simple game I made for self satisfaction. Somehow I sent it to a few people and some actually got addicted to it and begged me to make more levels for it. I am asking for feedback, should I continue this little game? Game Information Language: C++ Graphics: DirectX 9 Download http://s-w.us/icetower/ Screenshots

Advertisement
Looks like fun, but it is, well, fast... VERY fast...

After a while it becomes so fast that I can't do anything any more and am only running along the walls of the level...
Don't know if this is a bug or I'm just doing something wrong :(

Could be I forgot to synchronize the acceleration with the framerate (even though the speed is synchronized).

Would hate it if someone passed up testing my game so I dloaded it. Glad I did. Yup it's got that addicting keep trying get farther feel.

Played it about 20 times. Got 1 bug where my player just stopped moving completely (prob something that wont happen again). I would have played it longer if you let me rotate the camera. Once I go uphill, I can't see shit so I have no idea whats coming. Other than that make some more levels (increase the difficulty, the first one should have been easier. You want the player to think they are good in the game and then next level make it alot tougher.) Maybe add some other game element to it (no idea what tho).

Nice game tho.

Played like 20 more times. Def too hard for first level. Also on the first level when I come like level 3 of the maze there is a wide open area and a ramp to the right. Got to it like 2 times and I couldnt go up it.

Thanks for playing.

I plan on rebuilding the first tower (since I kind of modeled it half-assed compared to the second). The second tower features powerups called "Slowdown" which subtract 100 from your speed.

Regarding the camera, I might just make it rotate depending on direction.

Awesome game. Looks like you kept it simple with old school texturing and stuff. The game is so fun you dont even notice that. But is there any way to slow the spaceship down? After you get up the first ramp it really starts hauling ass. Never got up the second one, the controls were too sensative and the road was too thin. Nonetheless, very awesome.

Looks like it could be a pretty good game. I agree, it does have that "just a little further" feel. If you keep on adding to it, it would be even better though. Add some more levels, some power-ups, and maybe some moving obstacles (you might have that already, I'm not sure, since I can't get past the first level :P)

As far as wether or not you should continue developing this game, I would say definetly.

Hello,

I must admit, I was drawn to the demo, and when I tested it, I ran well and was (as mentioned) highly addicting. The textures didn't quite load very well though. Also, the acceleration as time progress gets very difficult (too difficult for first level, might I say?). I'm not familiar with the .IMP file, but how do you create your levels? Do you have a level editor or is it done in code? (If its made in an editor, perhaps you'd like my help (on my free time, once in awhile)...?).

Kind Regards,

Nice little game~

the game ran wicked fast though. :(

I kept dying within a second of gameplay.. seems like I was pointing towards the water whenever the game started. :(

anyhow, good stuff

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!