• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] VS .NET and 2005

This topic is 4172 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not even sure if this is the right section of the forum. If not, feel free to move it. I have VS .NET installed on my PC, but I also want to install VS 2005. Are the two going to conflict in anyway?

Advertisement
I can beat that:

Visual Studio 6
Visual Studio 2003
Visual Studio 2005 Pro
VB.NET 2005 Express
C# 2005 Express

[grin]

Quote:
Original post by Machaira
I can beat that:

Visual Studio 6
Visual Studio 2003
Visual Studio 2005 Pro
VB.NET 2005 Express
C# 2005 Express

[grin]

Yeah, im in about the same boat. With the addition of another PC I remote desktop. Finally my laptop is free from the VB6 curse, only need to remote desktop when doing legacy work. Im the say way with Office versions, 97 and 2003 side by side on one machine. Sadly, office 2007 beta doesnt play well with the others.

For some strange reason, I dont think Visual Studio.Net ( um... would that be 2000 or 2001? ) didnt play well with 2003.

I highly recommend installing VS.NET 2003 instead of VS.NET (2002) if you have the option. It fixed some silly IDE issues and a few C++ compiler details.

VS 6, VS 2002/2003, VS 2005 all play nice. I think if you install both 2002 and 2003 you must install 2002 first (which might also be true for VS 6). Basically, install oldest one first (if possible) to avoid potential headaches.

Quote:
Original post by Serapth
Sadly, office 2007 beta doesnt play well with the others.

Guess it's a good thing I only have it installed on a non-development machine. [grin]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement