• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
skyfox

help in float point FBO problem...

This topic is 4446 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, guys, I met some problems when working with float point FBO. My program is doing: render 100 slices with shader, and put the result to FBO, and use second stage shader to project FBO content to the screen. When I create the volume texture in the format of GL_LUMINANCE8 or GL_LUMINANCE16, and set the FBO to GL_RGBA8, everything looks OK except the final image quality. So I change from GL_RGBA8 to GL_RGBA_FLOAT32_ATI or GL_RGBA_FLOAT16_ATI, some weird things happened and the performance had a great jump down. I can't even wait the result to come out. The size of FBO is 512 by 512. I did another test. If I change the first stage to use only 2D texture and with a few slices (1-2), This rendering pipeline works in the GL_RGBA_FLOAT32_ATI and GL_RGBA_FLOAT16_ATI formats. The 3D texture I am expericing is 512x512x220. So anyone knows how to handle this? The memory should be large enough to save 3D texture and 2D FBO. Shy to mention my card, ATI 128M X600SE.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!