Which language?!

Started by
4 comments, last by tstrimp 17 years, 7 months ago
Hey, i decided to make a game engine for my next project, ive never really done much game programming, and i was wondering which language to make it in, i know alot of VB and VB.NET, and a little of C#, which language would be best for a beginner?, it dosent have to be an above language, i am willing to learn more. thanks :D Edit: Forgot to mention, this is a 2D game engine.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by R3velati0n
Hey, i decided to make a game engine for my next project, ive never really done much game programming, and i was wondering which language to make it in, i know alot of VB and VB.NET, and a little of C#, which language would be best for a beginner?, it dosent have to be an above language, i am willing to learn more.

If you know a lot of VB.net then why not go with that? You'll probably be more productive sticking with a language you're comfortable with.
Yes, but im not sure on how to game program,
is it difficult to do in VB.net?
are there any limits?
I would recommend Haskell personally.

Nah, just kidding, though nothing against Haskell. Its a hobbiest project and your just learning. There is alot to learn with game programming, even 2d game programming, so use whatever language gets in your way the least. In this case it sounds like VB.Net. If you have already transitioned from VB to VB.net there is no reason to ever look back!
looks like ill be using VB.net then :P
but, would i use directx?
Quote:Original post by R3velati0n
looks like ill be using VB.net then :P
but, would i use directx?

Thats certainly one option. You could start here, not sure if there is one on this site for VB.net but google turns up plenty of answers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement