• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
F1N1TY

Linking Nonsense

This topic is 4354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wasn't sure as to whether to not I should put this in General Programming, or the beginner's lounge forum. Anyway, I was just going through the Lazy Foo' Productions' tutorial on how to set up SDL under Visual Studio.NET 2005. I got it working, after looking through gamedev.net and finding out what options I needed. But here are my questions: What exactly is the "Code Generation" section in the project properties, and why do I have to set the "Run-Time Library" to "Multi-Threaded DLL"? What is "Multi-Threaded DLL"? What does the option "Run-Time Library" change? Also, what are the "Additional Dependencies" under the linking input options? Lastly, why do I have to add "/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" to the additional linker options in VS8? What does "/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" do?? Also, if there's anyone that knows a place, or a book online (or otherwise) that explains what the linker does, all the linker options, and what changes have what effect on my code, a link or name would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!