• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Linking Nonsense

This topic is 4171 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wasn't sure as to whether to not I should put this in General Programming, or the beginner's lounge forum. Anyway, I was just going through the Lazy Foo' Productions' tutorial on how to set up SDL under Visual Studio.NET 2005. I got it working, after looking through gamedev.net and finding out what options I needed. But here are my questions: What exactly is the "Code Generation" section in the project properties, and why do I have to set the "Run-Time Library" to "Multi-Threaded DLL"? What is "Multi-Threaded DLL"? What does the option "Run-Time Library" change? Also, what are the "Additional Dependencies" under the linking input options? Lastly, why do I have to add "/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" to the additional linker options in VS8? What does "/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" do?? Also, if there's anyone that knows a place, or a book online (or otherwise) that explains what the linker does, all the linker options, and what changes have what effect on my code, a link or name would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement