• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aKa Davi

OpenGL Print Text to Screen

This topic is 4347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, ive created a OpenGL scene with a loaded 3ds model, and id like to be able to call a function that prints text onto the screen. If written a function but the colour, the font is not customizable, and it has a white box backgroudn behind it always. If anyone could give some tips on how i could write a function that prints only the text to the screen without the white background, it would be very appreciated :D

Advertisement
I don't know how you are writing the text but if you are using texture mapped font, make a black texture with greyscale characters, use it as alphamap with blending and specify the color before rendering the characters.

This way: colored better looking text, higher performance

If you use bitmap fonts consider using glut.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!