• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
the_bouncer_2006

a new picture i drew ^_^

This topic is 4350 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Tell me what you guys think. ^_^ i started a new style of japanese anime. Its going over well for me.......... i think. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/the_bouncer_2006/photo/294928803098501595/1 is the link ^_^

Advertisement
You nead to learn line-weight and shading, because the image looks way to flat right now. Also, your perspective and stance are way off; realistically, you couldn't twist that hard without a post to puch/pull on. Also, the arm lacks any shoulder, does not alter the fall of the breats the way its pulled up and...well...there just is no perspective.

Other than that, good work.

I think it looks pretty good, but why are you posting it in the game design forum?

Don't listen to others who teach you how to conform your art. Art is, by definition, better being unconformed. A unique style is much more important than perfect shoulders or correct breasts.

I think your art is similar to the artist who did work for the Final Fantasy VI books. His style was also incorrect, but also very unique and beautiful.

looks pretty good...But, and I mean no offense by this, there are some rather amatureish anatomy issues that need to be resolved.

Her head seems to big for her body and her torso seems to be contorted wierdly. Other than that it's cool looking.

Question. Is the left breasts supposed to be larger than the right breast at that angle?

Quote:
Original post by Kest
I think it looks pretty good, but why are you posting it in the game design forum?

Don't listen to others who teach you how to conform your art. Art is, by definition, better being unconformed. A unique style is much more important than perfect shoulders or correct breasts.

I think your art is similar to the artist who did work for the Final Fantasy VI books. His style was also incorrect, but also very unique and beautiful.

True, but you should know and be able to draw 'correctly' before claiming that you are doing some new art 'style'. If you don't do this, you may find a mob of angry starving artists waving pitchforks outside your door someday.

Quote:
Original post by Talroth
True, but you should know and be able to draw 'correctly' before claiming that you are doing some new art 'style'.

There's no such thing as correct art. The fact that it is incorrect is what makes it art. A perfect rendering of reality would be a photo. A perfect rendering of anime would be a copy of someone else's style. The imperfections add to his style. If those imperfections conflict with other elements in his style, then that should be changed. But it's very difficult to determine how consistent his style is while only looking at this one image.

Ok i am taking this as constructive critisism to further advance myself ^_^. Anyways here is some before and after shots of my resent art done ^_^. I hope you guys enjoy ^_^

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/the_bouncer_2006/?change_count=0#page1

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!