• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Newbie to Game Development

This topic is 4262 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am a 15 years old with some experience in the programming language Ruby with the Rubygame library and a very little experience in the C programming language. I have about 10-7 months of experience. So I am pretty new to programming. I currently develop a FOSS(Free Open Source Software) game called Dynpet in my spare time(http://dynpet.sf.net). It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. and still in very very early stage of development. Now...I don't think I have much questions to ask. Oh well, I guess I will just ask. Maybe it will help me generate better questions in time. Is there any programmer who know the Ruby programming language? Anyway, I thought of something already to ask the forumer here that might be of benefit of me and not much of a waste of time to veterans. However, it will probably be a while (maybe a weekend or two) until I asked. It will be a peer review of my code, specifically my map code. I am doing my best to code this thing, but I think a peer review of my code will be benefical. I hope to gain from this is to see flaw in my code that I did not realize and eliminate some bad habits that I may have and generally see improvement in my code. Thank you in advance, Kiba

Advertisement
Post your questions/code here. You're not the only new developer, and not the only Ruby user, so posting questions/code here for us to look at will benefit you and others. I doubt many people will be willing to help you privately rather than through the forums. Good luck, though!

Quote:
Original post by Crazyfool
Post your questions/code here. You're not the only new developer, and not the only Ruby user, so posting questions/code here for us to look at will benefit you and others. I doubt many people will be willing to help you privately rather than through the forums. Good luck, though!

I think you misread much of my post. I never asked for private help. And currently, I don't have much to ask. I will post my code for the purpose of getting feedback from others but I am not ready yet. If someone would like to look at my rather incomplete code, then that is fine too. In that case, I will post my code but be warned that it is not completed yet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!