Trouble with D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND and Draw()

Started by
5 comments, last by DeepPurple25 17 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys, new to the forum. Anyway, I have written a program to animate a sprite with transpatency support with the help of a book. But see, I keep getting these two erros: 'D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND' : undeclared identifier 'Draw' : function does not take 5 parameters In fact, I loaded and ran the example program in the book as it is, and I still get these same errors. Why am I getting these errors? How can I fix this thing? Heres the chunk of code does the drawing: if (d3ddev->BeginScene()) { d3ddev->StretchRect(back, NULL, backbuffer, NULL, D3DTEXF_NONE); sprite_handler->Begin(D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND); D3DXVECTOR3 position((float)kitty.x, (float)kitty.y, 0); sprite_handler->Draw( kitty_image[kitty.curframe], NULL, NULL, &position, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,255,255)); sprite_handler->End(); d3ddev->EndScene(); }
Advertisement
Which version of the DXSDK do you have installed? The ID3DXSprite interface has undergone some changes over the years, so it is quite possible that you are using a version different that the book was written with.

For the current revision of the DXSDK though, that code does look ok.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
check this tutorial out. It comes with source code as well. http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/2d_animation.html
Well, I am using DirectX9b. Am I suppose to use DirectX9c?
Quote:Original post by DeepPurple25
Well, I am using DirectX9b. Am I suppose to use DirectX9c?

Yea, DX9b is pretty old. I would recommend upgrading to a newer SDK.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Damn it. I upgraded DirectX and it doesn't compile at all. I installed the
"Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)" version of DX into my computer. The directory is:

"C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)"

and the error I get sais that the "d3d9.h" is unidentified, meaning it cant find the DX library. So where should I move the whole DX library to? and should I rename it?
Nevermind got it fixed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement