best place to learn java?

Started by
6 comments, last by Palidine 17 years, 7 months ago
wats the best website to learn java for games. i need the easiest and quickest preferably.
Advertisement
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/
ne sites directed DIRECTLY to how to make java games?
Moved to For Beginners.
If you are looking for quick and easy you probably shouldn't bother. It is better to take your time, and learn well.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
If you don't already know java, you need to start with just basic java. Games won't come for a couple months. Unless you already know a programming language, in which case google around for Java3D.

The concepts and algorithms for a Java game are the same as for a C++/openGL game. I don't believe there are many tutorials about Java games specifically, but you can certainly find plenty of general game algorithms and just implement them in java.

-me
well i already know the basic basics, like variables, classes, stuff like that, cause ive been taking a class since august. i wanna learn a bit faster, so i can develop games.
Quote:Original post by Zaku
i wanna learn a bit faster, so i can develop games.

The best bet then is java.sun.com or to just read ahead in your textbook. honestly, games (or graphics of any kind) require knowledge of almost 100% of a language as they are incrediably complicated.

However, you could likely start working on a text based RPG with what you already know. You could also poke around the Java3D site and see if any of the docs there make sense (if not, you just need to learn more until they do make sense). You could always download their stuff and play with it and see if it makes sense.

-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement