• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ikinsey

Market Research

This topic is 4439 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need market research fast for an ARG im desgining. Not actually necesarily implementing, just desgining. The Premise is below, I would very much appreciate if everyone could leave their age and gender and answer the questions which follow. You will be put into an alternate reality in which you will play a character predesigned (stats and personality are the only customizable aspects) by yourself. The game will be realistic to an extent which supercedes that of all console or PC games. The game will be custom designed for your optimal enjoyment based on a series of tests regarding your: intellect, physical prowess as well as specific physical skills as well as various personality tests. The twist... all of the tests, customizations, and wavers are filled out within a corporate office. As you leave the office you run over the sole-operator of the company, the person with whom you signed up for the game inside. Someone immediately jumps infront of your car and dials 911. Promptly thereafter, ambulances and police show up, you are taken into custody. After going through a trial and being convicted you are sent to jail. After roughly a week you are part of an elaborate breakout attempt which is succesful. Afterwards... you find out that the entire incident, from running over the game operator, to the breakout of prison was in fact the game. The jail was a controlled building owned by the company with whom you signed up for the game. The prisoners and guards were all actors. The game was tailored such that, relative to all the actors your character was exactly how you desgined him or her. For example if you designed your character to be extremely strong, you were extremely strong relative to everyone else in the prison. Also, the events in the game were planned so that the skills you picked for your character as well as the personality type, were improved during your play. Lastly, the game was designed for you to plan the breakout and you were constantly urged to do so and inact it; however, if you didn't the games duration was one week and after such a time, the inmates planned one and forced you into it. Questions (please answer!): 1 Would you sign up for the game described in paragraph one only (entirely disregarding the second paragraph) 2 If the entire game experience (paragraphs one and two) happened to you, afterwards would you feel like you enjoyed it? 3 How would you feel after the entire experience? 4 If money weren't a problem for you, how much would you think is a fair ammount to pay for this game? 5 What is your age and gender?

Advertisement
Not sure I understand everything that happened BUT..

1. Yes, I would, sounds fun.

2. Not so sure, I am a very big goodie goodie, but I guess we need a dark side.

3. I dont like jokes pulled on me, and so I'd probably be a little annoyed.

4. This is where things get tricky, was this an actual participation, or was it all in the game, and perhaps acted out via motion sensors? Whatever the case, I'd expect it to cost quite a bit, and I dont think fans of this genre would complain. How much? Not a clue, but I'd say a few hundred depending on how long and how often a person can play for.

5. 18, Male.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!