First Person / Third Person Archery Games?

Started by
8 comments, last by Mr_Creosote 17 years, 6 months ago
Hey all, I've been getting into Oblivion again and it really makes me realize how much I love playing archers - then I got to thinking about how awesome it was playing Thief with all the archery tactics. Hell, even Diablo is fun as an archer. Any suggestions for a first person or third person game where you are (or can be) an archer? Thanks.
Advertisement
Mount & Blade, and indy title, has quite a bit of archery in it.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
Mount & Blade, and indy title, has quite a bit of archery in it.

I came here to post that =(

[size=2]
Track and Field 2 comes highly recommended.

Wow, Mount & Blade is quite good. If I had 18USD to spare right now I would buy it :(

Well, I have 18USD.. i just don't have much time to play games this month (And i'm waiting for Dark Messiah...)
Speaking of Mount & Blade, make an army of all peasant women, as many as you can. It's very hard to start, but once they level up completely they become "Sword Sister" and are freaking amazing.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Yup, playing an archer in Oblivion (well, my character was a thief actually, whose main weapon was a bow), was enormous fun. Especially if you had high stealth/sneak, and could pick your opponents off at a fair distance. Was enormous fun. I think I will pretty much use a bow, if available, in any rpg I play now. I think the first game I saw the use of a bow (besides Diablo), was Thief. I think Gothic may allow you to use a bow too - not sure.

Will have to check out Mount & Blade - sounds pretty cool.
Quote:Any suggestions for a first person or third person game where you are (or can be) an archer?

In NOLF you are Kate Archer.
(ok do crossbow counts?)

Oh if you have the old game Heretic 2, two of the bow weapons are fun.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Mount & Blade is way too much fun. Thanks for letting me know of its existence.

Makes you wonder why Oblivion doesn't have mounted combat...
N64 Zelda had some horseback Archery if my memory serves me correctly...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement