Coming Up With Stat Rations In An RPG

Started by
10 comments, last by Crazyfool 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Rainault
Two comments I have.

Quote:~Player(char * filename); // TO BE USED LATER

I certainly hope you don't intend to use this later. Every class has exactly one destructor. It takes no arguments and returns nothing. This isn't a valid method for any class.

Second, I would recommend making a Party class and make it in control of all of the party members. Each Player shouldn't inherently know about the other members of the party, and besides, you don't want to keep the party size fixed to a certain number. Use std::vector to help take care of that.

Hahah...I'm always doing something wrong. My head's been really out of place lately. Those were both supposed to be constructors...I dunno why I used the ~.

Originality is dead.
Advertisement
Well, I really dont get whats confusing you about the ratios?

Personally, it is going to require TESTING. You can plan this all out on paper, and it will help you, but testing will fix the mistakes.

What I like to do is think.. how many average attacks/spells should kill a player?

How many average spells should a player cast before out of mana?

Let's say about 5 average spells would kill an average health'd player.. so for every 100 life, an average spell would do 20 damage. If you want mana and health to be roughly equal, you're doing 1 damage per 1 mana point, which is fine.

I dont get what you're asking though...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement