• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Visualizing album covers like in iTunes

This topic is 4170 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, I want to create something like you can see in iTunes. In iTunes there exist a mode where you can go with a slider through the covers in that way that the currently selected album cover is displayed frontal and the album covers which come before and after are beside this currently displayed cover. Hier is a screenshot of what I mean: http://virtual.sysfrog.org/~patrick27/screenshot.JPG Is that possible to realize with java? regards mat

Advertisement
Yes, it is.

Rather simple to do as well! Check out basic 3d programing and databases (google for it)

Hi,

I googled for this words, I found a lot of entries but nothing which suits to my problem. Maybe you could give a more precise advice? :(

matti

So you'll need to learn basic 3D programming. then what you do is have quads for each album. You'll need to scan in all the album covers and make bitmaps or TGA files out of them with which to texture the quads. Then implent a basic GUI slider thing that cycles through the index of albums (you just draw it appropriately).

erm.... basically it's _easy_ if you alread know 3D programming with an API like OpenGL or DirectX. It's hard if you don't know that because there's a ton to learn. Pick one of the APIs (OpenGL if you're running on a mac) and learn to use it (start with the nehe tutorials that you can find on this site).

[EDIT: ack. you're using Java. Fine, check out Java3D. learn to use it =). start with basic tutorials (you can probably find some on the Java3D site)]

-me

Or maybe is it possible to break down the problem so I start with a small thing and then extend it always further until I get to the music shelve. Could you recommend me how I can break down this problem to smaller problems so I can start to implement something?? :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement