Europe.PSD

Started by
8 comments, last by phantom-soft 17 years, 6 months ago
Hey Guys, fellow 4E5 contestants, I have something I made for our entry to share: A Photoshop PSD with all the countries of europe split into layers so you can mess with them as you will, well, as long as you have Photoshop. Here it is: Europe.psd.zip (it's in a .zip because my browser, at least, wanted to read it as a wacky text file) The seperate layers(each named by the country) allow you to set the layer style for each individual one, and it's just pretty fun to test your geography by making the layers invisible. The water and outlines are also seperate layers, too. Here's a preview: As an example, every country on this image is embossed. Seeya, and Good luck with your projects!

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Advertisement
Very Cool.

Are you allowing us to use it as we want in our games?
Niiiice.

Big rate++.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Very good of you, rating ++++
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Sweet. Rates++
Thanks, guys.

Quote:Original post by cairnswm
Are you allowing us to use it as we want in our games?

Of course! It wouldn't be to hard to replicate what I did anyway, just time intensive

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Very cool of you [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Thanks for that, but I just have one question: Is Russia considered part of Europe or Asia in this competition... actually 2 questions - is Turkey part of Europe or Northern Africa?

Thanks for this! :D :D
Russia is in asia. That's just the way it is accepted.
Turkey is middle east but in this competition it is considered in Europe. I've never heard anyone say it's part of africa. That entire region is middle east.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
Sorry I wrote Africa and then couldn't find the edit key (the problem was that I originally wrote, "are we allowed to set it around the Meditteranean in Northern Africa" and went back and changed half of it into the Turkey question.

I've already kinda set half my game in Moscow so I'd better go back and fix all those levels again. Damn! Anyway thanks and good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement