• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SladeZ

SDL problems

This topic is 4343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm just starting to learn to use SDL, but I can't get it to work (using Dev-C++). I'm running the simple lesson 1 from the Lazy Foo tutorials: #include "SDL/SDL.h" int main( int argc, char* args[] ) { //Start SDL SDL_Init( SDL_INIT_EVERYTHING ); //Quit SDL SDL_Quit(); return 0; } But when I try to compile, I get the error: CreateProcess(C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\make33762.bat, C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\make33762.bat, ...) failed. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\SDL_Tutorial\Makefile.win [Build Error] [../SDL_Tutorial/SDL_Tutorial.o] Error 32 Can anyone please shed some light? Thanks. :) EDIT: Also, does anybody know of a good level editor for a 2-D platformer? I've looked at Mappy and Tile Studio, and was wondering if there were others that would work well. Thanks again! [Edited by - SladeZ on September 22, 2006 10:54:58 PM]

Advertisement
When using Dev-C++, all you need to do is download and install SDL via the Tools->Updates/Packages tool. Then you just make an SDL project, then that code will work.

Quote:
Original post by Clawer
Did you check this setting up lesson?

I did, yes. Checked every single file, reinstalled, everything. I get the same error every time I try and compile any project, from SDL to Windows apps. I've even tried simple "Hello World" projects and still get the same error message.

If you want try to send on my email
one of your project with:
the ".dev" file
and all ".cpp", ".h" files

I'll try to find something maybe wrong..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!