• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aKa Davi

3D Studio Max

This topic is 4263 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Using Autodesk 3D Studio Max 8, i have been given building floor plans. In 3ds Max 8 ive created a flat plane, and mapped the floor plan texture onto the plane so i can model the building to match the scale. A friend of mine has used the same 3DS scene, and the Texture appearance quality in the Viewport matches the quality of the actualy image file, Where as mine is degraded and pixelated. Is there a setting i can change to fix this. I have searched for an hour tryign to find a way to fix it.

Advertisement
i have max 7 but it should be similar to 8.
under customize, preferences, viewports, and under display drivers clikc on configure driver. now under background (for background images) and download texture size set them both to as large as large as the options allow you, or you could check "match bitmap size as closely as possible".
however one flaw in your trying to match the scale is that since you're mapping your floor plan on a plane you have to make sure the plane itself fits the scale of the floor, if not then ti will not work well.
so what i would advise is to click on the viewprt you want your floor plan to displayed in, go to views, viewport background, click on files and select your floor plan bitmap, under aspect ratio say "match bitmap", check display background and check lock/zoom pan and click ok. now the floor plan should be displayed in the background in the active viewport and match the actual scale/proportions correctly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!