• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
51mon

Need to straight out question marks

This topic is 4265 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have bounced into a couple of problems whit my latest shader, the first is this error line: e:\Programming\xjobb\Ambient_Occlusion_1_1_Intellisense_Error\Ambient_Occlusion_1_1.fx(134): error X3500: asymetric returns from if statements not yet implemented Does this mean that recursion is'nt possible in shaders, do I have to do it whit a while statement somehow? The second is this error message: e:\Programming\xjobb\Ambient_Occlusion_1_1_Intellisense_Error\Ambient_Occlusion_1_1.fx(138): error X3504: array index out of bounds In the code: float fEmitterArea = vEmitterPos.w * fPowerOfTwo[vCoord.w]; Does this mean that I can’t access an array dynamically, that sucks?

Advertisement
I used to know where there was a list of HLSL compiler errors, but I seem to have misplaced it.

Anyway, the first error, I would guess (since you have not actually provided code) has nothing to do with recursion. I suspect you have two branches of an if() that do wildy different things (one returns, one does, perhaps?) and that the shader model (1.1, I'd guess) doesn't support true branching and cannot handle that.

As for the second area, what is fPowerOfTwo?

Well, I managed to straighten out the errors and then I got this message:
error X3500: 'AOShading': recursive functions not yet implemented
Which answered my first question

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!