Genetically engineering a permanent kitten

Started by
33 comments, last by Way Walker 17 years, 6 months ago
Those of you who really like kittens but don't want them to grow up should take a look at this guy's tinkering. It appears deceptively simple to screw around with the genetics of cats. Is anyone here a semi-competent biologist to tell me why somebody shouldn't do this? [Edited by - Ravuya on September 26, 2006 10:24:54 PM]
Advertisement
Although it's interesting progress in the realm of genetics, I'm against this particular use.

The "permakittens" would have trouble living in the city. Cat fights happen all the time and if you stunt their physical growth, you'd end up with a consecutive loser. Although genetics might be able to give these widdle bundles of joy wolverine-like claws for extra defence!

Unless you're the type that keeps their cats indoors all the time, it's definatelly not a good idea.
__________________I have a computer!
Quote:Original post by cloudscapes
Although it's interesting progress in the realm of genetics, I'm against this particular use.

The "permakittens" would have trouble living in the city. Cat fights happen all the time and if you stunt their physical growth, you'd end up with a consecutive loser.

Unless you're the type that keeps their cats indoors all the time, it's definatelly not a good idea.

Thats required by law here now :P We have a serious cat problem outdoors.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
I would prefer to modify their ADN to make them be "inside-out". That way they would look actually cute...

If we can make them perma-kitten, what is going to stop us from making anything we want to them? I guess nothing.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
This is sick.... Nobody should be allowed to mess with nature
mistreating something harmless and defenseless is wrong and sick. same goes for dogs etc. do not kick them around because they are not fighting back, try kicking me around when you see me in the street for a change, that should be more fun and an interactive experience.

Quote:Original post by owl
I would prefer to modify their ADN to make them be "inside-out". That way they would look actually cute...

If we can make them perma-kitten, what is going to stop us from making anything we want to them? I guess nothing.

Quote:Original post by su
mistreating something harmless and defenseless is wrong and sick. same goes for dogs etc. do not kick them around because they are not fighting back, try kicking me around when you see me in the street for a change, that should be more fun and an interactive experience.

If you start to yell at me for no reason and try to bite my calf, I will.
everything diserves to grow and develope.

At a guess I think the cats would go mad if kept in 'kitten' form.
--------------------------------Dr Cox: "People are ***tard coated ***tards with ***tard filling."
Quote:Original post by cloudscapes

The "permakittens" would have trouble living in the city. Cat fights happen all the time and if you stunt their physical growth, you'd end up with a consecutive loser. Although genetics might be able to give these widdle bundles of joy wolverine-like claws for extra defence!

While there are probably 100 valid reasons for not engineering a permakitten, I dont think this is one of them. Thats just stupid. No matter what pet you have, there is probably a bigger/stronger animal out there that could kick its ass if you dont watch over it carefully.
they want a stuffed toy, not a living breathing creature.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement