Sign in to follow this  
vamecum

exporting from 3ds max through IGAME keyframe problem

Hi! I'm doing an exporter using the IGame interface. The code is working allright in most respects, except exporting the keyframes. I seem to only get the objects keyframes through the quickSampleKey and/or sampleKey functions. When I ask for the keyframes directly like i.e int num=pGameContr->GetIGameKeyCount(IGAME_POS); it just returns 0. Have anyone else been annoyed with this problem and found a solution other than full-sampling? Hope some of you knows, looking forward to answers. (I use max 8 and max8 sdk)

It may be using keys other than keytype POS, perhaps? Did you evaluate all the different key types?

Also, they just released version 2.2 of IGame -- it contains lots of bug fixes (including several annoying crashers); I highly recommend upgrading!

Quote:
Original post by hplus0603
It may be using keys other than keytype POS, perhaps? Did you evaluate all the different key types?

Also, they just released version 2.2 of IGame -- it contains lots of bug fixes (including several annoying crashers); I highly recommend upgrading!

You are completely right!
After smacking my head realising how stupid I'd been not to just do a loop-querry of all types, I promptly did so.

Revealing, the position controllers to be seperated into x,y,z channels.

So now I know why I've been having problems. thanks a lot :)