glew glBlend* crash

Started by
1 comment, last by Galapaegos 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm experiencing a very odd bug on the Windows platform with an nvidia card (91.47). I've been experimenting with some windowing libraries, FLTK and wxWidgets. We have our own volume rendering library which links against GLEW. When I write a simple FLTK application performing volume rendering, I don't have any problems. When I do the same in wxWidgets, GLEW doesn't initialize itself properly. It crashes when glBlendEquation and glBlendColor are called, giving me an address of 0. The glewGetProcAddress is failing, but I have no idea why? Also, the glewInit should be called in the right location (in my OnPaint message, I'm having it initialize itself if its the first time drawing. Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks! -brad
-brad
Advertisement
You only need to initialize GLEW once and should be done after you setup OpenGL, but before your fonts libraries. This is what I had to do myself when I was rendering fonts, or they wouldn't render... Not sure if this will help you but worked for me....
Thanks MARS_999,

Yeah I'm only initializing glew once. I've come across a different issue, so I'm hoping that once I figure that out I'll be in the clear with this glew issue.

-brad
-brad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement