Sign in to follow this  
Ezbez

VC++ Intellisense died after installing VC#

I'm using Visual Studios 2005 Express Edition for my IDE. It's quite good and I've fallen in love with the intellisense. However, two or so weeks ago I installed Visual C#, previously I had only used Visual C++. After that, I noticed that intellisense had stopped working for VC++. However, it does work sometimes, like for OpenGL calls, most of my code, and ODE functions. Other things, it doesn't work at all for, like some of my code (no patern that I can tell) and most of the STL. The STL does trigger intellisense when I type in "std::", but not when I go like so: "std::string str; str.". Same goes for vectors, lists, etc., not just strings. I can't be sure that VC# caused this, since there was a time period in which I wasn't using VC++ heavily(because I was making my level editor in C#, and that took up most of my time). The only other signifigant change that occured before I noticed intellisense stopping was that I installed boost. Anyone got any suggestions?

Close Visual Studio, open up Explorer/My Computer and browse to your solution's folder on your hard drive, and delete any .NCB files you find. This will force VC++ to regenerate the Intellisense database, which often fixes glitches and problems with the Intellisense feature.