Sign in to follow this  

Windows programming compiling errors

This topic is 4096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am new here, and I have been trying to do some windows programming. I found a great C++ website called cprogramming.com and I have never had any problems until now. I try to compile a program that i was given and I get these errors: 5 untitled1.cpp C:\DEV-C_~1\Include\stdafx.h:59: afx.h: No such file or directory 60 c:\dev-c_~1\include\stdafx.h afxplex_.h: No such file or directory 64 c:\dev-c_~1\include\stdafx.h afxwin.h: No such file or directory along with these, I get about 20 other errors that all seem to have the same problem. I am missing that header file. How in the world do I resolve this issue? I appreciate all the help that I recieve.

I think stdafx is included in the Platform SDK from Microsoft. Those files are used in MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) programs, so you can also google to figure out how to get MFC to compile on your platform.

It appears you're trying to implement MFC.

Anyways, stdafx.h is used as a precompiled header. Typically, in Visual Studio, when you create a new MFC program, these files are auto generated. I'm not too sure how dev-c++ handles MFC, but you can either delete the stdafx, and continue compiling, or create it yourself.

This topic is 4096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.