Sign in to follow this  
Felon_pro

Dev c++ and OpenGL

Back when I used it (a couple of years ago), yes. Look on nehe and in the tutorials they have downloadable source specifically for DevC++. Keep in mind that there are options, libs, and stuff you need to include in your project settings. You can check to find these in the tutorial source.

EDIT: I don't know which OpenGL version it's supporting though...

Quote:
Original post by mako_5
Back when I used it (a couple of years ago), yes. Look on nehe and in the tutorials they have downloadable source specifically for DevC++. Keep in mind that there are options, libs, and stuff you need to include in your project settings. You can check to find these in the tutorial source.

EDIT: I don't know which OpenGL version it's supporting though...

Yes it does, and it supports all OpenGL extensions as well...

If I were you however, I would switch to CodeBlocks, it's updated more frequently than DevC and it supports DevPaks as well as MinGW.

Do you need help setting OpenGL up with DevC? Let me know. It's pretty easy.

Quote:
If I were you however, I would switch to CodeBlocks, it's updated more frequently than DevC and it supports DevPaks as well as MinGW.

Personally, I use Eclipse (free!), which enables use of C++ in a plugin for it.
Problems with DevC++ was the main reason (along with me not having good google skills) me and C++ didn't get along for a while.

Note to OP, try a few different environments before you commit to one. Or... you could just use vi (pico,emacs) and g++....