Agreement's Draft

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 17 years, 6 months ago
Hello, I need an agreement to obtain rights for game assets (like sounds or graphics) from independent people. So I'm looking for a draft of such agreement to know approximately how should it look like. If anyone knows where could I find proper document please send me that or give me a link. Thanks for help in advance. Kind regards,
Advertisement
You can get just such an agreement, plus documents that explain how and why you want it (plus a whole lot more) as part of the Game Dev Legal kit, which is available from The game dev legal kit.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
It might be cheaper for you to go get various books from Nolo press, especially if the books are available at your local library. The first two books listed have the forms you are interestd in. The rest are just good reading.

Two books, both containing the forms you may need:
  • Getting Permission: How to License & Clear Copyrighted Materials Online & Off
  • Consultant & Independent Contractor Agreements

Good reading:
  • Working for Yourself: Law & Taxes for Independent Contractors, Freelancers & Consultants
  • Working With Independent Contractors
  • License & Merchandise Creative Art
  • Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business

These books are all from nolo press, and all fairly inexpensive.

Or course, since you're from Poland, I wouldn't rely too much on either these books or the gamedevkit. Ultimately you'll need to get good solid advice from somebody who knows the law in your area.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement