Help with Error in Lesson 31

Started by
1 comment, last by dmail 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi All: I am doing Lesson 31 and its not running! I am receiving the following errors and I am not sure how to fix them. Please help! c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\iostream.h(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'comp.h': No such file or directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\iostream.h(42): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'streamb.h': No such file or directory
Advertisement
Lesson 31 of what? If you could provide a link to the lesson online, that would be even better.

Your IDE can't find the files you #includeed. Check to make sure you spelled them correctly, and check to make sure your IDE has paths to their folders in header directory options.

Also, you might post the code where these lines occur. If you do, put it in [ source ] tags (without the spaces).

EDIT:
Oops! I overlooked the fact that these are in the iostream.h file. Don't use that file, it's deprecated. Use iostream (no .h extension), and see what happens. Also, when you change to the newer files, you'll have to use the std:: namespace for many of those utilities.
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
I take it this is nehe? If so which version did you dl Visual C++ or Visual Studio .NET?
nehe forum
and that may have led you to http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=415496

[edit]by the way if this is nehe's lesson I can see other problems with it, like
bool MilkshapeModel::loadModelData( const char *filename ){	ifstream inputFile( filename, ios::in | ios::binary | ios::nocreate );...

When it's not using namespace std or using std::ifstream and what std::ios::nocreate is I have no idea.

[Edited by - dmail on September 27, 2006 12:57:44 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement