alpha blending in pixel shader

Started by
1 comment, last by bagjuice 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm using a pixel shader for simple fixed function pipeline tasks to render to a texture and want alpha blending to work. yet when I return: return float4(0,0,0,0); It puts a black blotch on my RenderTarget as opposed to blending with what's already on the surface. I've set AlphaBlendEnable = true inside the effect file AND as a SetRenderState call before starting the pEffect->Begin(). Appreciate the help, Thanks.
Advertisement
you setting the src and dest blend anywhere?
yeah, inside the effect file and outside via renderstates.

I'm basically trying to shadow map sprites that are on quads by turning off Z testing and checking if the alpha > 0 to render a depth to my artificial depth buffer.

Here is my effect file, pretty straightforward:

float		fFarPlane = 9999.f;float4x4    mWorld : WORLD;float4x4    mViewProj : VIEWPROJECTION;//// normal texture lookup//texture Texture;sampler2D TextureSampler = sampler_state {   Texture = <Texture>;   MinFilter = Linear;   MagFilter = Linear;   MipFilter = None;      AddressU  = Clamp;   AddressV  = Clamp;};///////////////////////////////////////////////////////struct VS_INPUT{    float4  Pos             : POSITION;    float3  Tex             : TEXCOORD0;};struct VS_OUTPUT{    float4  Pos     : POSITION;    float2  Tex     : TEXCOORD0;    float4  PosCopy : TEXCOORD1;};VS_OUTPUT VS(VS_INPUT i){    VS_OUTPUT   OUT;    OUT.Pos = mul(float4(i.Pos.xyz, 1.f), mWorld);	// object space to world space        // copy the input texture coordinate through    OUT.Tex  = i.Tex.xy;    // transform position from world space into clip space.    OUT.Pos = mul(float4(OUT.Pos.xyz, 1.0f), mViewProj);    OUT.PosCopy = OUT.Pos;	// copy redundantly for shadow test.    return OUT;}// -------------------------------------------------------------// Pixel Shader (input channels):output channel// -------------------------------------------------------------float4 PS_Shadow(VS_OUTPUT IN) : COLOR{			float4 color = tex2D(TextureSampler, IN.Tex);	if(color.w > 0.f)	{		float d = IN.PosCopy.z / fFarPlane; // normalized so between 0 and 1		return float4(d, d, d, 1.f);	}	else	{				color.rgb = 1.f;		color.a = 0.f;		return color;	}}//////////////////////////////////////// Techniques specs follow//////////////////////////////////////technique Shadow{    pass p0    {        VertexShader = compile vs_2_0 VS();        PixelShader  = compile ps_2_0 PS_Shadow();                AlphaTestEnable = true;        AlphaBlendEnable = true;        SrcBlend = SrcAlpha;        DestBlend = InvSrcAlpha;        ZEnable = false;        ZWriteEnable = false;    }}

I basically want to alpha blend with src 0 and dest 1.

overwritten alpha in shadow map

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement