Sign in to follow this  

libpng error: Not a PNG file [ PSPE ]

This topic is 4092 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Howdy, thank you so much for your time. I have been developing on consoles for about 6 months now first it was GBA now im working with the PSP. I have got everything setup on my windows xp OS. Im using cygwin and PSPSDK. I have managed to create my PBP file(kindoff a rom). Im now testing my PBP file out on the PSPEmulator. So i do everything needed to use my PBP file and run the emulator, the emulator opens then closes which implies an error. so i check my error file and in it is this: libpng error: Not a PNG file Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed) So from that i know that SDL has failed because something about an image. but my source is very simple and doesnt have anything to do with images yet. Could it be the image for the icon which is shown in the emulator so i can choose from all my roms or is it something different. Do you guys have any ideas on how I could fix this problem. Thanks guys. PS I know im doing everything right on the emulator as i have allready ran severall homebrew roms on it. Thanks again guys.

Ok i found away around my problem using a program called pbpsettings I was able to set an icon image to my pbp file then when I ran it in the emulator it ran perfectly. Screen shot

I was just woundering if anyone actually knows a better way of setting the icon image maybe in the actual source code before compilation, because using this piece of hacking software isnt really my thing. Thanks.

PS I only started developing for the PSP tonight so im not sure if there is a way to choose the image icon through my code but im hoping its possible so i can bin pbpsettings from my sytem :P

Ok nevermind guys i have found the solution i needed to add another tag to my makefile just incase anyone else has this problem here it is:

PSP_EBOOT_ICON myicon.png

This topic is 4092 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.