Sign in to follow this  

Simple parameterization method

This topic is 4094 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody! I'm designing an UV coordinate generator which is composed of 3 modules: 1) Segmentation: segments the 3D model into nearly planar charts, this module is working correctly. 2) Parameterization: does the parameterization of the above mentioned charts, that's not finished. 3) Packing: it packs the projected charts into one texture map, a lightmap in this case. This works ok too, I'm using a modified version of the blackpawn's lightmap packing algorithm, which can be found here -> http://www.blackpawn.com/texts/lightmaps/default.html Well, as I said, the parameterization part is unfinished, I'm currently using a planar mapping, but I don't like the results at all, maybe I'm doing something wrong... I've seen other methods like Least Squares Conformal Maps and other techniques used in conjunction with error metrics, etc., but I only need something to map nearly planar surfaces, I think that I don't need something as sophisticated as Least Squares Conformal Maps, isn't it? Well, the question is, I need simple parameterization algorithms, any suggestions? Thanks a lot

Hi moagstar! thanks, I'll take a look at them and I'll tell you something, I wish they will work for my project. Anyway, if somebody has more ideas please tell me.

Thanks again

This topic is 4094 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.