Sign in to follow this  
LeRoux

Another tetris clone, my first "complete" game...

Hi everyone, I usually do not post here (just lurking a lot), but after completing my first fully-working game, I decided to post to get some advices on what to change, or just to know if it's already fine. Thanks for the input to anyone who takes the time to download and tryout! Please tell me if something isn't working for you. I know it's probably no different from any other tetris clone out there, but I felt like this game was a good choice to develop my game programming skills. Download the game here... Edit: Here's a pic if you don't feel like downloading Falling Blocks [Edited by - LeRoux on September 28, 2006 1:33:00 PM]

What could I say? Just another tetris game... :)

I played it for 10 minutes, it was fun.

The interface is nice ... you could also add a background picture.

But in general it's quite good for a first game.

Nice job!

A solid tetris clone.
I would try to improve the controls a bit though, e.g. make the blocks not instantly doch at the ground when clicking down button and let the blocks strafe left and right by hold the buttons instead of clicking for every move.
For this you should have a set time interval though, else they would zip around from left to right border.

Nicely done.

Game is fully functional, but could definitely use some fine tuning. The result of pressing down was to dramatic, and it seemed like some more work needs to be spent to timing issues. Also, I notice some problems with keyboard buffering while holding down keys. Overall, very nice job. Keep on working on it, and add polish ( sound,nicer gfx etc ). Congrants on finishing your first complete project.

ahayweh

Sign in to follow this