Sprite problem

Started by
5 comments, last by dominicoder 17 years, 6 months ago
Heres my error: error C2660: 'ID3DXSprite::Begin' : function does not take 0 arguments err according to MSDN: ID3DXSprite::Begin Prepares a device for drawing sprites. HRESULT Begin( DWORD Flags ); Parameters Flags [in] Combination of zero or more flags that describe sprite rendering options. What am I doing wrong? :) Si
Advertisement
ID3DXSprite::Begin() takes one parameter, you're trying to call it, passing 0 parameters - E.g: pSprite->Begin();

Edit: If you want to pass 0 flags to it, you need to pass 0 for the dwFlags parameter.
I'm too lazy to look up the actual default flag, but typically passing it a value of 0 signifies 'no flags'. Try that.
That works, but doesn't explain why my sprite is not rendering.

Heres may class:

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------// File: cBillboard.cpp//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#include "..\\hub.h"//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------// The cBillboard class constructor//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------cBillboard::cBillboard( char* filename, D3DXVECTOR3 pos, D3DCOLOR key ){	m_texture = NULL;	m_sprite = NULL;	m_alpha = 255;	HRESULT hr = D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(g_device, filename, 0, 0, 0, 0,                                          D3DFMT_UNKNOWN, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_DEFAULT,                                          D3DX_DEFAULT, key, NULL, NULL, &m_texture );	//HRESULT hr = D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(g_device, filename, &m_texture );	if ( FAILED(hr) )	{		g_log->SIM( "Missing cBillBoard Texture %s\n", filename );		return;	}		D3DXCreateSprite( g_device, &m_sprite );	m_pos = pos;	g_log->SIM( "cBillBoard - loaded %s\n", filename );}//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------// The cBillboard class destructor//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------cBillboard::~cBillboard(){	SAFE_RELEASE( m_texture );	SAFE_RELEASE( m_sprite );}//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------// Render//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------void cBillboard::Render( int index, float alpha, bool billboard, bool changeStates, bool moving ){	D3DXMATRIX view, world;	D3DXMatrixIdentity( &world );	g_device->GetTransform( D3DTS_VIEW, &view );	m_sprite->SetWorldViewLH( &world, &view );//	m_sprite->Begin( D3DXSPRITE_DONOTMODIFY_RENDERSTATE | D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND );	m_sprite->Begin(0);	m_sprite->Draw(	m_texture,					NULL, 					NULL,					&m_pos,					0xFFFFFFFF );//D3DCOLOR_ARGB(int(m_alpha * 255.0f), 255, 255, 255) );			m_sprite->End();}

I can't see why this isn't working. It seems identical to many other tutorials I have seen.

Any advice welcome.

Si
Make sure your render calls are between the DirectX device Begin() and End() calls. IE:

Device->Begin();
Sprite->Begin(0);

// Stuff

Sprite->End();
Device->End();
Device->Present();

... or something like that ... this is off the top of my head. Good luck.
I'm afraid it is doing that :)
Try commenting out the matrix transformations. I believe the sprite interface takes care of setting that up for you when you pass in position, center, etc, for parameters.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement