Sign in to follow this  

ClientConnection and ServerConnection class names.... quick poll.

This topic is 4089 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I keep scratching my head over this one. Given class names ClientConnection and ServerConnection, would you: a) Assume the connections are TO a client and a server respectively? b) Assume the connections are FROM a client and a server respectively? Perhaps not a big deal to most people, but which makes more sense to you? Thanks

If it's a ClientConnection, I'd suspect it's on the server, connecting to a client. If it's a ConnectionClient, then I'd suspect it's on a client, connected to a server. However, in either case, I'd verify with the code to make sure -- you can never assume these things.

It's my code so I can choose. :)

I always confuse myself when I forget my original design intention when returning to look at the code - I don't have much time so it's usually several days before I can work on it again. So I was wondering which seemed more logical to other people.

I typically think the reverse - a ClientConnection is a connection to a client, while a ServerConnection is one to a server.

Thanks

Guest Anonymous Poster
I'd guess that they're connections to a client or a server. Kinda confusing...

I think you'd be better off naming them like this:

CClient - Object represents a client
CServer - Object represents a server

CClient::Connection (or socket, etc.) - the actual connection to a server
CServer::ClientList - a list of connections to clients

This topic is 4089 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.