Sign in to follow this  
dannielum

Free Microsoft Trainning

Microsoft has a few Visual Studio 2005 Introductory eLearning courses available for free. https://www.microsoftelearning.com/visualstudio2005/ scroll to the bottom get it before it is no longer free!

I think this is a nice initiative, Microsoft is definitely not the bad guys some people tried to convince me they were. This is most likely the same as the stuff with the Express IDEs, they want people to use their newest technology (XML, ASP.NET 2.0 and VB .NET ), and I only think that's a good thing.

Microsoft works well with most Universities aswell, providing students of e.g. Computer Science all their products for free (except for MS Office).

I guess both benefit from it, Microsoft gets the next breed of programers to use their products and the students get their tools for free.

Thanks for the link!

[Edited by - kiome on September 30, 2006 9:49:18 AM]

Quote:
Original post by CTar
I think this is a nice initiative, Microsoft is definitely not the bad guys some people tried to convince me they were. This is most likely the same as the stuff with the Express IDEs, they want people to use their newest technology (XML, ASP.NET 2.0 and VB .NET ), and I only think that's a good thing.

All depends how you look at it doesn't it. What they're doing is making sure all the developers use their tools, so that all the good software only runs on their systems, so users are pretty much locked into it. It's still a fairly evil strategy, even if it has some nice perks.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Is there a code or something to use to get it for free? It says free then when you add it to your cart it says it isnt free anymore.

Quote:

All depends how you look at it doesn't it. What they're doing is making sure all the developers use their tools, so that all the good software only runs on their systems, so users are pretty much locked into it. It's still a fairly evil strategy, even if it has some nice perks.

Last time I check Microsoft was a business. And the first rule of business is to make a profit. If there is no profit, it is a charity, or perhaps a failing business. Microsoft does have a responsibility to its shareholders and employees to self-preserve after all. The fact that they are trying to help train and provide tools is hardly evil. And it's not like they are handing out second rate stuff either.

I suppose in a perfect Star Trek world where we all have replicators the idea of money and business would just be silly. But we aren't quite there yet ;)

Sign in to follow this