Sign in to follow this  
ilove3ai

for source code

please,can anyone share his codes of a simple game with me?A tetris-like game is ok. I'm just a beginner,and i dont know how to make a complete game,so i hope i can learn it from others.I have read several books,but they only talk about the techniques rather than a complete game.By complete,i mean there should at least contain maps,collison detection and levels.and if there is a battle system,that'll be excellent.

Well, IMO I don't think looking at other peoples source code is the best way to learn game programming. As in the end you will basically just end up coping there code, which really isn't teaching you anything.

Here is somethings I suggest:

If you have created a few text based games and you fell confident in your language of choice then you can move onto an API so you can display graphics on the screen. Look up some tutorials.

If you haven't created any text based games and really don't feel confident in your language of choice yet then I suggest you keep on learning from a book or online tutorials and create some applications on your own using your own problem solving ablilities. You never know what you might come up with. It just takes time and some thought to do it.

Also, you do not tell what language you are using, so it will be kind of hard for people to help you.

One of the things that makes game programming so great is that there is NO one way of doing things. There are literally MANY ways to do something. There are litterally many ways to program a Text Based RPG. Just because someone elses code does it one way, does not make it right. Heck that other persons code could be bad coding.

I do not mean for this to sound rude, so if it did then I do apologize. I just wanted to help you out here.

Later,
Chad

Thank you,and sorry i didnt state it clearly.I'm using c++ inside vc++6.0.I dont know scripting language.In fact,i've already read several books on game programming,like Andre Lamothe's and Michael Morrison's,but i cannot combine the basic techniques to make a complete game.So i need source codes and with that i can get how should i begin the journey.I want to take game programming my lifelong career.All the books i read dont contain the whole stages of making a game,so what do you suggest? I hope someone can show me the source code of a RPG game,because it contains all the necessary components.I wont copy them,i just want to show how a game is made,and therefore i can make my own.It will be very kind of you to tell me how to make a mod,i dont know it at all.
Thank you for you all.