Sign in to follow this  

Code Portfolio

This topic is 4096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I've been at uni since the start of this year and am starting to look at putting together a code portfolio for potential employers when i finish uni. Ideally im after a job as a games AI programmer. So i guess what im after hear is peoples opinions on what employers would prefer to see a portfolio with lots of little applications/projects that each demonstrate one or two very specific peices of my knowledge or a portfolio with only one or two large projects that each demonstrate a large variety of thing that i know.

when hiring developers (however not in the game dev field), I look mainly for thier ability to work as part of a team, which from a code perspective means the structuring, commenting and design - To show this off you would need a bigger project.

i'm guessing though that the specific field you are looking at is quite interested in clever solutions etc, so having something that shows that off to is a good idea.

in short, it is more important to have something very well documented and structured submitted rather than if its "big" or "small".

This topic is 4096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.