Force a game to run in windowed mode

Started by
6 comments, last by billou 17 years, 6 months ago
hi all has someone here got a sample to force a game running in dx8 fullscreen to windowed mode ? thanks for any help. [Edited by - billou on September 30, 2006 10:33:42 AM]
Advertisement
no one ... ? :/
You could try hooking into the D3D8 API, much in the same way that Muhammad Haggag did in his Hooking D3D9 sample.

You would want to probably hook CreateDevice() and Reset(), and modify their presentation parameters to ensure that windowed mode is selected.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
d3d9 is a way too different than d3d8...can someone help me to convert the d3d9's code to d3d8... ?

thanks.
What language are you using to be able to have a Full Screen / Windowed toggle?
Yes, the language kind of makes a difference.

C++ the SDK has examples.

VB6 (very few examples in MS docs and online) I had alot of trouble -- you have to put the DirectX object in a seperate form that you can hide/show and destroy/create the DirectX objects each time you transition (I tried various other ways that didnt work).

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact
Quote:Original post by billou
d3d9 is a way too different than d3d8...can someone help me to convert the d3d9's code to d3d8... ?

thanks.

All you have to do is follow along with what that sample does. Just created your own version of IDirect3DDevice8 by inheriting from it and making pass-through functions for each corresponding native call. It's a lot of boring work (since IDirect3DDevice8 has a lot of members), but it is very straighfoward.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
if someone could help me through IM like MSN, i would greatly appreciate it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement