[java] Semaphore

Started by
2 comments, last by CaptainJester 17 years, 6 months ago
Hallo I'm trying to use the java.util.concurrent.Semaphore (in eclipse), but I can't import it so I can't use it...anybody in here knows about eclipse and this problem? I have never before used eclipse, but now i kind of have to...so please anybody, somebody???
Advertisement
What version of Eclipse are you using? Java 5.0 is only supported from v3.1 and up. Also when you start the project you have to make sure that it is set to the 1.5 VM.

Properties-->Java Compiler-->Compiler compliance level-->5.0
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
well i have chosen 5.0 but it does not like java.util.concurrent.Semaphore
it just does not know what it is....
Do you also have a v1.5 JDK installed? Also make sure it is selected in the project library settings. It should say JRE System Library[jdk5.0]
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement