saving python

Started by
20 comments, last by Zahlman 17 years, 6 months ago
how do you save things that you program in the idle into programs where you just click on the icon and the program runs?
Advertisement
http://www.python.org/infogami-faq/programming/how-can-i-create-a-stand-alone-binary-from-a-python-script/

The above link may help.

I've used py2exe and had it work nicely.
Note that, with the Python interpreter installed and proper associations under Windows or #!/usr/bin/python as the first line of your script under Unix-like OSes, you can just doubleclick the script icon and the program will run.
hmmm i downloaded and installed p2exe, now what do i have to do?

also, where do i ultimately write games? in the idle?
Yeah, at least you can (and alot of people do) write them in IDLE. There's other places too (note pad works just fine, too, but doesn't have highlighting, debugging, and other niceties).

This is a nice tutorial on how to use py2exe. There's plenty others out there, too.
do u need pygame to make games?
Quote:Original post by Zaku
do u need pygame to make games?

For making basic games, then yes.

But if you want to go into core gaming, you need to interface DirectX and Python or OpenGL and Python.

This is how games like Severance: Blade of Darkness and Freedom Force have been made.

Hope it helped, bye.

are directx and opengl both engines? are they good at making 2d games? cause im looking at that zak thing.
Quote:Original post by Zaku
are directx and opengl both engines? are they good at making 2d games? cause im looking at that zak thing.

DirectX and OpenGL are API's (application programmign interfaces) which form the basis of all game engines (like OGRE, IRRLICHT etc.)

Yes you can make 2d as well as 3D games using them but if you are just starting out making games using an external library would be better.

Try to google that and i am sure you will get the help you need.

Quote:Original post by NotAYakk
http://www.python.org/infogami-faq/programming/how-can-i-create-a-stand-alone-binary-from-a-python-script/

The above link may help.

I've used py2exe and had it work nicely.

still finding that a bit confusing...

can i get an explanation easier than that?

[Edited by - Zaku on October 1, 2006 3:28:58 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement