Sign in to follow this  

Embeding a Web Browser in C++

This topic is 4089 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanted to make the control program for my C++ program to be a mini-web server. However, if the user has the Flash player (and presumably other plug-ins) installed, a properly designed Flash movie could attack the server by using sockets. If I could embed my own browser, I could add a variable in the request string, thus verifying the client (only the client could read the file system). Big problem here is getting a browser that is free to embed, works, and isn’t hard to setup *cough* Mozilla.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I really didn't understand what exactly you are trying to do WHY.
However, embedding a browser can be as simple as embedding the corresponding control from a browser such MSIE on Win32. This can be done with very few lines of code (codeproject/codeguru) and you'll have browser functionality embedded in your your application.

Not only that, anybody with rudimentary ability in packet sniffing would be able to read the value that your browser appends, and then impersonate it, thus opening up the server again to exploits.

This topic is 4089 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.