Sign in to follow this  
ZeRaW

a big question hunting me

well i have to do my thesis this year. at the same time i m taking a course called independant study, which basicly is a research on a specific topic.So, I am trying to do my research on Game networking, and might evolve into a thesis if i really find something interesting and not yet done. I would really like it to be on game networking, I wrote several game networking engines, and the latest are relly good, what I would like to have is some directions into good reasearch papers and stuff that are still not very implemented for some reason so I can maybe choose a topic in a new networking architecture or protocol study it, and then maybe reshape or make it more advanced. SO what I am basicly asking for is some directions to find such topics.

I'd love to see a paper analyzing implementations of various game networking implementations, showing how they handle latency and sudden latency changes, how time- and memory-efficient they can be, etc.

Something that's closely related but not identical is syncing clocks and detecting latency. There're about a bajillion papers on this subject, but perhaps a look at it from a game perspective to find the ideal method for use with client-side prediction? Which methods can stabilize with the fewest packets, etc?

Or maybe an implementation of a game networking layer that supports objects and automatic synchronization of objects and parameters from the server to the client, with an in-depth discussion of its implementation and how it handles packet loss?