Online resources for Shader (HLSL) development

Started by
1 comment, last by RizMan 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I just started to look into XNA. I have some experience with MDX. However, I haven't done any Shader programming yet. Now as XNA does not implement a Fixed function pipeline anymore, I need to get into Shaders. (I planned on learning them anyway, so it's ok for me that the FFP is missing) However, I don't seem to be able to find any good online resources for Shader development. I found some tutorials, but that's all. Does anyone know if there is e.g. some dedicated website with articles, tutorials etc... related to Shaders? Or would I be better of wth a book and if so, which book do you recommend
Advertisement
Once you are over the intial hurdle of understanding shaders and how they work you can't go far wrong with the GPU Gems and ShaderX books. They should be on every graphics programmer's bookshelf in my opinion [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Ok, that's what I thought. Both series seem to be the most populars. But there's one question I'd have regarding these books: There is already a ShaderX4 book. Is that basically the same as e.g. ShaderX1 with just the newest features of Shader version 3 explained, or is a rather a progressing thing i.e. I'd have to start with book 1, then 2 etc...

Same question goes for GPU Gems

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement