Converting Scene To Video File

Started by
2 comments, last by circlesoft 17 years, 6 months ago
hi guys i need to make a demo about my game i need to play it and same time record it as a video (avi or anything else ) i know how to save a snapeshot of the game as image but if i want to capture image on everyframe the game will be too slow so how could i directly export to Video File ??? any help would be gr8 best regards, essalloummmmmmmmmmm
Advertisement
Do you require it to interactively record? If not, you could implement a fixed-framerate (DXUT can do this for you) and the time incurred by streaming out data becomes irrelevant. You can then use VirtualDUB to stitch them together...

Alternatively, you could look into custom filters for DirectShow - whilst I've been told it is fairly simple I was told it by an expert in the field.

Bottom line - it's going to be pretty slow to pull that sort of data back from the GPU, direct from the backbuffer is a faster option if you don't use MSAA though. I'd highly recommend the non-interactive fixed-rate mechanism if possible...

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Why not use an external tool like FRAPS to record movies? They usually manage to do it without completely killing the framerate, and would save you the time of writing your own.
Personally, I think that Camtasia is the best live recorder that I have used. FRAPS is alright, but chokes a bit at higher resolutions.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement