fullscreen ???

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 4 months ago
Well, if you mean stuff like Minesweeper and Solitaire, that's plain old Win32 GDI with maybe some MFC thrown in, which is fine for cute little non-time-dependent games like that, but if you want anything above that level you're going to have to learn something like DirectX or OGL.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Advertisement
ehh so u try to tell me that win-version of
RedAlert just installed OpenGL or DirectX without my notification and the fact that i only has a 1mb s3 trio gfx card???
RedAlert was only one of many examples!!!

//Freddie

I have no idea what that particular game uses.

To my knowledge, DirectX couldn't care less what kind of video card you have.

If you clicked through your installation fast, you might have missed an installation notice... there's also the fact that most version of windows come with DX3 pre-installed.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Check out the ChangeDisplaySettings Win32 API function in your Win32 API docs.

And by the way if I remember it correctly, RedAlert uses DirectX under Win32. But the installation program should have alerted you about installing it.

Either it installed DirectX and you didn't know, or DirectX was already installed, or it was a fullscreen DOS program. You cannot do fullscreen apps with just the Win32 API and expect it to be fast enough for a game like Red Alert.
someone knows how to get a window program in fullscreen without DX or openGL ??(oki i dont know that either but not needed now)
If u think at it, there are and have been many games in win32 not using DX and OpenGL
so it must work in someway..
i just think that my 2d game dont rely on some DX api...

thanx
//Freddie

hehe, dat funny, what your asking makes it seem like yo want a dos game, yo want to make in windows, go dx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement