Lesson 31 Help

Started by
7 comments, last by laura1316 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi All: I have created my own Milkshape object. I have not put any materials on it. It looks just like the Milkshape object in lesson 31 of the cross. But when I import it in, the Wood.bmp does not go on it. Its just a white object. Does anyone know why? Please help, my object looks awful! Thanks!
Advertisement
im not sure but i think it has something to do with relative vs absolute filepaths. Try putting your image file in the same directory as the model.
Sorry I am doing lesson 31 from NeHe and I am using Visual Studio.net 2003. Please help!
i guess u didn't see my previous post?
U can also try using SetCurrentDirectory or similar.
I did put it in the same directory and gave it the same model name "model.ms3d" I don't know if there is a certain setting needed to put on my file? Do you know? What does it mean absolute and relative path?
SetCurrentDirectory can you please explain? Not sure what you mean. Sorry I am new to this whole thing.
I think this perhaps can help you:)
What you need to remember is that Milkshape stores the image location relative to where the model is stored, ie. if the model is saved at c:\models\model.ms3d and the image is at c:\models\images\image.gif then inside the model.ms3d it will reference the image as \images\image.gif. If your image isn´t at that location relative to where you load you model inside your 3d code then it will not show.

You need to:
a) put the image at the right location as described above or
b) change your 3d code to load the image from the location where you have put the image ( to begin with you can hardcode the path - just to make sure the 3d code works )

I did this. I get my model imported and I can put the texture in it. Now I am wondering how I can put more than one texture. My program can find the material that the Milkshape object is imported with but it doesn't import it. It gives me a white object. Why is that?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement